The Tourette Association funds basic and clinical research studies on all aspects of TS. Any study that has the potential to contribute to the treatment or understanding of TS will be considered.
• Investigators are required to have an advanced degree such as a Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent, as well as allied professionals with advanced degrees such as RNs, Drs. of OTs, Social Workers, and related fields.
• Applications from overseas investigators are welcome.
• Investigators from non-profit and for-profit organizations can apply.
• Previous experience in the field of movement disorders is desirable, but not essential.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships: up to $50,000 for 1 year
Research Grant Awards: up to $75,000 for 1 year or up to $150,000 for two years
The Tourette Association of America will consider reasonable requests for:
• Salaries (for US institutions, NIH salary caps apply)
• Laboratory supplies and other research-related expenses
• Travel expenses for investigators (up to $1,500 per year)
• Research equipment up to $5,000 (excluding equipment for personal or office use [e.g. computers])
• Indirect costs of up to 10% may be included, but the total value of the grant may not exceed the levels stated above
The deadline for Pre-Proposals is November 1, 2017. Investigators are required to submit pre-proposals via our web form.
Full Grant Proposal
The deadline for invited full proposals is February 15, 2018. Full proposal application instructions and relevant forms will be provided following pre-proposal approval.
Applicants for research grants involving clinical treatment studies are urged to read the following two documents:
718-224-2999, ext. 222 or Denise.Walker@tourette.org