MATERIALS FOR APPLICATION
Complete an online application by visiting AAN.com/view/ResearchProgram:
1. Letter of nomination from the chair of your department, including assurance that clinical service responsibilities will be restricted to no more than 20 percent of the recipient’s time.
2. Three-page Research Plan, including brief statements of aims, background, and the contemplated approaches to methodology and data. The research plan should be written by the applicant and should represent his/her original work. However, the applicant is expected and encouraged to develop this plan based on discussion with the proposed mentor. It is appropriate but not required for the proposed work to be specifically related to the mentor’s ongoing research.
3. Applicant’s NIH Biosketch
4. Two letters of reference supporting the applicant’s potential for a clinical, academic research career and qualifications for the scholarship.
5. Listing of the applicant’s current, pending, and overlapping support, including pending overlapping support using NIH format.
6. Letter from proposed mentor detailing his/her support of and commitment to the applicant and the proposed research and training plan. The letter should specifically indicate the mentor’s role in the development and preparation of the applicant’s research plan and include:
- How the proposed research fits into the mentor’s research program
- Expertise and experience in the area of research proposed and the nature of the mentor’s proposed time commitment to the supervision and training of the applicant
- Mentor’s prior experience in the supervision, training, and successful mentoring of clinician scientists
- Potential for applicant’s future research career and comparison of applicant among other residents
7. Proposed mentor’s NIH Biosketch, including listing of mentor’s current and pending support.
8. Plans and arrangements for formal course work including quantitative clinical epidemiology, biostatistics, study design, data analysis, and ethics.
Kristin Roehl, Grants Program Manager
Phone: (612) 928-6082