YA Training Schedule:
Tuesday, February 27, 2018—Arrival Day
YA teams will arrive & check in at the Renaissance Capital View Hotel. That evening, there is registration and an informal (and optional) Meet & Greet for both Youth Ambassadors and parents.
Wednesday, February 28, 2018—Youth Ambassador Training
For parents, training begins at 7:30am for the session “How to do an In-Service: Presenting to Schools”. YA Training starts at 9:00am and runs the full day (with breaks) until 5:00pm. YA teams will also participate in National Advocacy Day Preparation Dinner.
Thursday, March 1, 2018—National Advocacy Day
YA teams will meet with Members of Congress and their staffs.
YA Training Funding:
Costs associated with the Youth Ambassador Training are listed below.
TAA Funded Teams
Costs covered by the Tourette Association:
Hotel accommodations for the night of Tuesday, February 27 and Wednesday, February 28 for the YA team (additional nights at the team’s personal expense).
- Training-sponsored meals for YA team.
- Training program materials.
- Transportation (e.g. airfare, train ticket, mileage reimbursement, parking) up to $350 for Youth Ambassador. Parent/guardian transportation will not be covered. Your travel will be reimbursed by the Tourette Association. Please note, travel reimbursement expenses will be capped at $350.00. However, we recognize that there might need to be some exceptions, in which case prior approval will need to obtained from Sonja Mason-Vidal (VP of Finance).
At attendee’s own expense (Costs NOT covered by the Tourette Association):
- Hotel charges for any nights that are part of an extended stay.
Chapter / Self-Funded Teams*: Please follow-up with your Chapter to discuss the details & expenses.
- Hotel accommodations for the night of Tuesday, February 27 and Wednesday, February 28 for the YA team (additional nights at the team’s personal expense).
- Training Fee of $400 per person, which covers training food & beverage, program materials, and National Advocacy Day bus transportation.
*Please note that spaces are limited.
Questions? Please contact Natalie Joseph-Pauline at (718) 224-2999 x227 or firstname.lastname@example.org